Thursday, October 13, 2011

Video of a chase from Last March 20,2011

iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ao2LED19j-Y?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></ifra

. Since the foxhounds must remain in kennels the rest of this week while the deer hunters do their thing, i decided to go back through my videos from last season and post some of them here. 

Our hounds had just put a vixen to ground on the far side of this field. I had sat on this point and watched her cross this cornfield three times.  I was about to head towards the earth when I spied this big, yellow dog fox coming at me. He was heading away from the earth and was so intent on drawing the hounds attention away from his mate that he failed to notice my horse and me directly in his path.

He came within 100feet, maybe less,  of us,and was closest to me when you see him stop and look back..
He never bolted, but just continued on his jog towards the woods. I galloped  across the field to get to Tommy and Bobby and the pack to  lift them to the line. Charlie  had a good 10 minute lead on them before they struck him right at the point where heslipped into the woods.  Hounds had much trouble smelling him over the fallow field, but scent obviously improved as soon as they got to the woods.

My horse stood stone still, but I was shaking with excitment, so please excuse the wobbly camera at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment