Sunday, January 27, 2013

A brief respite from the cold...

..arrived late today (Sunday), when the temps soared to 36 degrees. The winds were calm, and the sun was a welcomed sight.Tommy and Freddy hunted yesterday and today, but I chose not to take my hounds.  I made the right choice, based upon the report I received.

We plan to hunt tomorrow and  Tuesday since the forecast is for milder, albeit wet, weather.  Winds are to be out of the SW at a steady 10-20mph tomorrow and the meet is the County House woods again, so I am not thrilled.  Dont expect much in the way of videos or photos, because I will be guarding the highway ....

Meanwhile, I have spent much time with the new horse this past week, and I will go out on a limb here and say that I think he will be  very good with the hounds:

Southern Review, aka "Revy", 5yo OTTB, learning his new job
The horn blaring  in his ear, and the whip cracking over his head don't faze him.  but i dont want to jinx it, so I wont say any more for now, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment