Thursday, March 22, 2012

Monday, March 21 , Hunt # 84 for my hounds


That's Tommy's puppy running to me on the far left.

Ryan, aka "T-Bone" or "Tebow", on the left.

The puppy, deciding whether he really wants to leave me and go through that water-filled ditch.

He did!  He is on Tommy's right.

 ....I don't count any days that I hunt without taking my own hounds. That rarely happens, but I don't count them.

Another ridiculously  foggy morning due to the above-average temperatures.  8 1/2 couple hunted adjacent to my ex-brother-in-law's farm.  A fox was found at 8:25 am, but didnt stay up for more than 25 minutes. I really didnt mind, because the fog was so thick you couldn't see more than a  hundred yards in front of you.  We made two more casts without any luck., so at 10am we decided to pack it in and go for breakfast.

Tommy brought his puppy, Ryan, now renamed T-Bone ( or maybe it's Tebow - the local accent makes it hard to tell!).  The pup  went right with the pack and hunted the fox. He also came right back to Tommy ( and to me a couple of times, but I didnt' encourage that!).  That puppy will do just fine- this was only his second hunt.

This Friday will be the third puppy hunt for my Reilly and Bobby's Rebel and Raven. (Tommy will be away and cant join us with T-Bo??, which is why we decided to have Tommy bring him today.)  Shirley and Barb will help us out in case we need a hound truck some where in a hurry.  Sara, Reno, Roscoe and M&M will be the mentors!

 I really hope the fog wont be as thick, because we are hunting the County House woods, and it's right next to the highway, only 1/2 mile from where I lost Lark   .....

9am, after the first fox went to ground. There is a woods inside that fog bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment