Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Puppy pics and catching up

...from the Labor day weekend. Saturday's hunt was a good chase for just over an hour. Nice heavy dew, cool  temps.  Sunday, totally different conditions,  very warm, muggy, and  not a drop of dew. Hounds trailed and trailed for way  over an hour.  Bobby got close enough to them to break them,all loaded except for two of Freddie's that kept on. Bobby and I left, Freddie turned out on his two again and they ran for about 45 min.
Im not sorry I left. Just not  a good morning, I should have stayed in bed!
 Went home and rode both horses.
Monday, took both horses to Redden by myself., first Rap, then came home and got Mel and took him. Windy and warm, ok as long as I stayed out of the sun. Spurs on Rap- when he was younger, it would insult him, and I  have never worn them while riding him.  But he needed some waking up,and they do the trick now.
I like riding alone cause  the horse and I get really tuned in to each other.

Sunday Marney cut her ear. I've had hounds come in with cut ears lots of times, but this one was especially bad.  when it didnt stop bleeding after 7 hrs., I taped her ear to her head so it wouldnt move whenever she shook her head. That worked, and I was able to take the bandage off after a couple hours. She was making a bloody mess of the kennel,  literally!

Puppies are just over 2 weeks old now, and starting to move around,eyes open.  I took some pics.

Hunting @ 5:30am tomorrow, if this rain doesnt mess us up.

MArney with her tampon and duct tape .

My female is on the right.Might have to name her Irene!

my girl, the only female


She is also the biggest of the lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment