Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Woohoo! A fast running red fox this morning

...Bobby and Curtis hunted yesterday ( 12/03/12), while Tommy and I did not. Today.we had 9 1/2cple -some of Curtis', Bobby's, Tommy's and mine. I left Sara home to keep Reilly (in heat)  company.

We jumped the fox at 8:03 and  hounds ran him HARD for the next hour before he went to ground behind some grain tanks. But this fox covered an incredible amount of country in that hours' time!

My Marney was right up front  (again!!), as was old Reno at times.  

The video tells the story of the first half hour.  After that, we all had to split up to stay with the pack, and I ended up guarding an upwind road and   never got close to them again.  But Curtis' dad  viewed the fox 3 times in that second half hour!



The fox running through the farmyard


On the far left is Twister, the sire of the new entry, and in front of him is Reno, their mother! these are the front hounds!!!

 

..And right behind them is my Marilyn -the black-backed hound with the pink collar. .(Since I am the only female that hunts with this  group, I put pink collars on my hounds!)  O!And that is Marney'sbrown head right bvehind Marilyn. All of my hounds ( I left two at home) up front!!!!
  Since it was going to warm up quickly to a record 73 degrees, we did not try to find another fox. Hounds will rest tomorrow, and then hunt again on Thursday.




No comments:

Post a Comment